Interested in joining our team? Check out the position responsibilities and requirements available below, fill out our application, and upload your resume and we’ll be in touch!
Position At A Glance
Location: York, PA
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Mechanic/ Set up person for mailing house/letter shop in York, PA. Person will be responsible for setting up and maintenance of equipment in the building. Person will be responsible for ordering of parts and materials for machines. Person will be responsible for training of new employees on machines.
- Setup and maintain 6, 8, Jumbo and Stretch Inserters
- Setup and maintain Kirk-Ruby inkjet bases that utilize Wavejet printing software
- Setup and maintain MBO and Baum Folders
- Must be able to read and follow all job instructions from start to finish
- Must be able to work with limited supervision
- Must be able to come in early or stay late to ensure projects are completed on time when required.
- Must be able to help cover 2nd shift presort positions when required.
- Must be able to stand 8 hours and be able to lift 50lbs
- Will be required to run a machine as an operator/helper
- Mechanically Inclined
- Computer Literate
- Work With Minimal Supervision
- Quick Learner
- Availability to Work Overtime
- Prefer Letter Shop Experience, not required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Types of Equipment:
- Swing Arm Inserts
- MBO Folders
- Inkjet Machines
- Inline Tabbers
- MLOCR Machine
- Shrink Wrap Machine
Higher Information Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This job description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job. It is not intended to be an inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. All employees accept the responsibility of performing any and all duties required by HIG. The management of HIG retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description.
Ready to Apply?
We pride ourselves in creating a strong work-family environment, and also on the amount of coffee we collectively drink. So if you’re looking to work hard, play hard, and drink lots of coffee, then Higher Information Group is the place for you. If you have any questions about this position please contact Susan Graham via email or call 717.652.3310 x 1067.